Sunday 7 July 2013

My best friend, Sherlock Holmes, is dead.

Watching Sherlock with the family and four younger siblings is increasingly awkward. The first time, they jjust kind of paid attention while I folded their laundry, but now they actively watch it when it's on. Like, stop and observe the show. My brothers were all shades of confused and maybe threatened by my 'obsession' with Benedict Cumberbatch. (I got a boyfriend and since then it's gotten a little less creepy) Honestly, it wasn't that bad of an obsession. He is a good person. Plus, now I have upwards of 2000 pins on Pinterest!

But watching the show got weird. I would be rewatching episodes and doing chores or practicing harp, knowing what will happen and reciting some of the lines that I already know, when suddenly my littlest sister is watching. Or my brother. In fact one time I didn't know anyone was watching the Fall of Rienbach with me, but when I paused the show to switch laundry loads, I heard my brother sigh dramatically from upstairs. 

The most misunderstood parts that fly right over those younger heads are the relationships. John and Sherlock totally love each other. Every gay joke or moment of suspicion between those two British men go in one ear and out the other. Honestly, it bugs me because who can I discuss lightly shipping Johnlock with? I'm the only one of my friend circle who totally believes in light Johnlock. Though one time I got lost on fanfiction and read some pretty interesting things. Then again, I don't want to discuss implied homosexuality with my 6 year old sister. There is no winning in this situation. 

Worst of all, my parents aren't at all caring about it. My dad told me to stop watching it, and now whenever he sees it on he says 'Oh look it's Benedict Cumberbitch'. My mom wouldn't comfort me during the Fall of Rienbach. In fact, she told me to stop screaming. I complied with a sad look on my face. I watched the opening scene of that episode, and it reminded me of Doctor Who. So I dropped the iPad (I was using Netflix) and walked right out of my room. I finished it the next day. 

In the end, watching Sherlock was a great decision, albeit a little depressing. It is also my way of acting out. Damn, I'm so rebellious.

Are you wearing pants? 

Batman 

A thought- American firework shows are better than Canadian ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment