Another movie review!
I'm going to pretend someone will read this. Another movie review, in the loosest term possible. So to make this as quick and humorous as I can, let's make more lists!
Issues I personally had with this movie:
- Toby Maguire was not in the right role. Everyone else was superbly cast, except Nick. He just didn't play a confused, easily persuaded alcoholic. I could've played Nick. Why didn't they cast me? I can do a pretty killer Nolanverse Batman voice. All manly and crap.
- The backgrounds were so blatantly animated sometimes. At least they were pretty.
The best parts, in my opinion, of the movie:
- That soundtrack, and it's uses, were amazing. Especially when Myrtle is killed, the use of 'love is blindess' is beautiful. I had chills.
- the 3D made the movie look more polished, look a lot more grandiose.
- Leonardo DiCaprio. Must I elaborate? Because I'm not going to.
- The last lines, how they were typed out on the screen and totally just wow.
All in all, a good book and movie. 8/10.
A thought- In this movie, Nick is played as totally gay for Gatsby. Gatsby also has a giant car. Overcompensating for something, Jay?